Global News Exclusive
Panasonic LED Recognized as Only IDEA Sustainability Award Winner
Panasonic 20W LED lamp Clear Type, which has been sweeping various design awards worldwide, has been awarded the Sustainability Award, in addition to the Gold Award in the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) sponsored International Design Excellence Awards 2012 (IDEA).
Recognized as the most outstanding entry that couples design excellence with environmental responsibility, the IDSA unveiled and presented the Sustainability Award to the Panasonic LED light bulb at the award ceremony held on August 18 in the US. The jury appreciated the LED light bulb's "remarkable technical achievement contextualized by a culturally appropriate and understandable form language."
The LED light bulb has also been internationally-acclaimed, winning the Gold Award (Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Award) at the 2011 Good Design Award in Japan, and the Gold Award at the 2012 iF Product Design Award in Germany, as well as the 2012 Universal Design Award and Red Dot Award in Germany.
Features of the LED lamp Clear Type
- LED technology produces sparkling light similar to that of a clear incandescent light bulb
- Works with a wide variety of lighting fixtures, as it is very similar to the clear incandescent light bulb in terms of shape and light quality *1
- Energy-saving and long-lasting (Consumes about 78% less energy and lasts about 26 times longer than an incandescent light bulb) *2
About IDEA (International Design Excellence Awards)
Since 1980, the internationally acclaimed IDEA program has been organized by the Industrial Designers Society of America. It is one of the most prestigious design awards in the US. IDEA fosters business and public awareness about the impact of industrial design excellence on the quality of life and the economy, and includes various categories such as home appliances, home products, vehicles, sports equipment, furniture, and medical devices.
*1.May not work with all light fixtures, depending on the bulb dimension, heat emission or other specifications of the fixture.
*2.Comparison between the model LDA4L/C for the Japanese market (rated power of 4.4 W, rated life of 40,000 hours, and total flux of 210 lumens) and a 100-volt 20-watt light bulb (rated power of 20W, rated life of 1,500 hours, and total flux of 175 lumens) as specified in the Japan Industrial Standards JIS C7501 "Tungsten filament lamps for general lighting purposes." The rated life is the number of hours of use until the total luminous flux (brightness) becomes 70% of the initial value. The rated life shows an average value and is not guaranteed.
- Panasonic LED Lighting Product
- Panasonic Design
- [Press Release] Panasonic's LED Light Bulb Wins IDEA Gold Award in the U.S.
- Panasonic LED Sweeps Three Gold Worldwide
- Panasonic Wins Two Top Gold Awards at iF Product Design Awards in Germany
- Panasonic LED Bulb Wins Gold Award at Good Design Award 2011
- IDEA Awards