Global News Exclusive
Panasonic's Green for All, All for Green
Panasonic is showcasing its energy solutions for lifestyles of today and tomorrow at Eco Products 2011, one of the largest environmental fairs in Japan. The fair itself, under the theme, 'Green for All, All for Green,' kicked off at Tokyo International Exhibition Center (Tokyo Big Sight) today on December 15th and will last for two days until December 17, 2011.
As we have stated, Panasonic is putting the environment at the core of its all business activities and aiming to become the No. 1 Green Innovation Company in the Electronics Industry in time for the 100
Major Exhibits of this Exhibition
- ECO NAVI Products Line-up
1.Energy Solutions for Lifestyles of Today
- Based on the concepts of convenient and secure living and a lifestyle conscious of conserving electricity and water, Panasonic will present proposals that respond to the changes in consumer lifestyles since the March 11 earthquake. Visitors will find a variety of Panasonic products to support today's lifestyles, including the energy-saving ECO NAVI home appliances and a wide lineup of LED products for various markets and usage, in the house that is designed to create and use energy wisely.
- The energy creation and energy storage displays will introduce a wide variety of storage batteries from residential use to industrial use, in addition to solar panels and fuel cells.
- Tokai Challenger2, the Winner Car of the World Solar Challenge 2011
- The real Tokai Challenger solar car will also be on display. Built by Tokai University using Panasonic's solar cells and storage battery cells, the car won the 2011 World Solar Challenge that was held this past October in Australia.
2.Comprehensive Smart Lifestyles for Tomorrow
- Among the solutions on display will be Smart Energy Gateway (SEG), which connect multiple home appliances and equipment together for the visualization and optimum control of energy consumption; and the Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Town, which aims to realize green lifestyle innovation with ideas for the entire town.
- This section will introduce Panasonic's initiatives related to resources recycling, one of the most important fields within Panasonic's environmental sustainability management initiatives, alongside CO2 reduction.
- Specific examples of recycling-oriented manufacturing will be exhibited, including technology to recycle glass from cathode ray tubes used in televisions into glass wool to be used for insulation materials; and technology to separate and recycle individual resins from the crushed resin mixtures generated in recycling facilities - As the latest examples of such recycling efforts, four home appliances (refrigerator, washer/dryer, vacuum cleaner and rice cooker) manufactured with the recycled resins and the glass wool will make public debut at the Eco-Products exhibition.
- [News Exclusive] Panasonic Launches Appliances Made with Recycled Resources (December 14, 2011)
- Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Town
- [News Exclusive] Panasonic Announces Sustainable Smart Town Project (May 26, 2011)
- [Feature Story] The World Solar Challenge 2011
- Panasonic Environmental Activities
- CyberShowCase Blog-Eco Products Exhibition 2011
- Photo Gallery - Panasonic Booth at Eco-Products 2011
- Eco Products 2011