Global News Exclusive
LUMIX Supports National Geographic Explorers
Panasonic announces a new venture with National Geographic, the world-renowned scientific and educational organization, to support the global research explorations conducted by National Geographic's Emerging Explorers and Young Explorers.
The collaborative project name is "The Earth's Witnesses."
National Geographic has long fascinated the world with breathtakingly beautiful photos of its global explorations -- chronicling nature, peoples and culture. The research and conservation activities of National Geographic to preserve these assets have helped to raise awareness of global conservation in people worldwide.
National Geographic Emerging Explorers are visionary, innovative scientists and trailblazers who are pushing the boundaries of discovery, adventure and global problem-solving while early in their careers. The Young Explorers Grants program supports individuals between the ages of 18 and 25 in their pursuit of research, exploration and conservation-based field projects.
"The Earth's Witnesses" project supports the work of Emerging Explorers like Aparajita Datta, a wildlife biologist with the Nature Conservation Foundation in Mysore, India, who has spent the last 13 years working to study and conserve the tropical rain forests of Arunachal Pradesh in northeastern India, arguably the country's richest biodiversity region; and the work of Young Explorers like biologist Greg Goldsmith and photographer Drew Fulton, who are working to conserve the cloud forest of Costa Rica.
- Tropical Plant Ecologist Greg Goldsmith from University of California
- Wildlife Biologist Aparajita Datta from Nature Conservation Foundation
The LUMIX Lineup That Joined MISSION #1
- LUMIX GH2
- LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm / F4.0 ASPH.
- LUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S.
- LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm / F4.0-5.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S.
- LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S.
- LEICA DG MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm / F2.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S.
- LUMIX G FISHEYE 8mm / F3.5
- LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH.
- LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25mm / F1.4 ASPH.