Global News Exclusive
Panasonic Announces Asia's First Test-bed Project on Total Energy Solutions for Public Housing
Panasonic has some exciting news to share as Asia will see the first-of-its kind test-bed project from Panasonic to be launched in Singapore by the end of this year and will run till 2013. This partnership with three local government agencies in Singapore will provide greener urban sustainability solutions to existing public housing, in an eco town which has been marked as one of the key 'living labs' in Singapore.
See an exclusive report from Panasonic News Portal's reporter in Singapore.
- Configuration of Energy Solutions System
Panasonic's photovoltaic systems will be installed to supply renewable energy to power common facilities; aiming to challenge zero emissions target and its Home Energy Management System (HEMS) will help households monitor and better manage energy consumption via an in-home display (IHD) which are provided as part of the test-bed project. Demand response will be achieved through Panasonic's Smart Energy Gateway (SEG) which connects the smart meter and home appliances such as air conditioners. As part of the bigger picture, the HEMS will be connected to the government-owned smart meters and smart grid technology; to enhance the efficiency and resilience of Singapore's power system.
- Officials from Panasonic and the Singaporean Government Join Together for the First Test-Bed Project Announcement
- Panasonic's President Fumio Ohtsubo (middle) with Mr. Chee Hong Tat (right), Chief Executive, Energy Market Authority at the HEMS Display Board
A kick-off ceremony and press conference was held on August 1 in Singapore to officiate the launch and was attended by Panasonic's President Fumio Ohtsubo and Yorihisa Shiokawa Managing Director of Panasonic Asia Pacific, as well as senior executives from the government agencies in Singapore. A presentation of the entire project was shown by Panasonic including its participation in other similar energy solutions projects.
With Panasonic's involvement in this project, Panasonic has taken Asia and its Total Energy Solutions onto a new green path, marking it way towards the No. 1 Green Innovation Company in the Electronics Industry by its 100th year anniversary in 2018.Reported by Junie Lim, Panasonic Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
- Public Housing in Punggol Eco Town
- Panasonic Asia Pacific
- Panasonic Asia Eco Ideas Website
- Panasonic Green Innovation
- Virtually Zero CO2 Emissions Lifestyle by Panasonic
- [Press Release] Panasonic to Commence Total Energy Solution Test-Bed Project for Public Housing in Singapore
- Singapore Housing & Development Board Punggol Eco Town
- Intelligent Energy System Pilot Project