Global News Exclusive
Panasonic Provides Life Innovation Container for Japan Earthquake Victims
- Panasonic's Life Container was displayed at the Eco Ideas Forum 2010 in Ariake, Tokyo
Panasonic Corporation announced today the company will donate one unit of Panasonic's Life Innovation Container to aid victims of the earthquake which struck the northeast region of Japan on March 11.
- Lead storage batteries (L) for electric vehicles and a power control equipment (R) mounted inside the container.
The Life Innovation Container is equipped with solar modules and power storage batteries. It will be installed at a local disaster task force at Bay Side Arena in Minami-Sanrikucho, Miyagi Prefecture to provide power to communication facilities.
Panasonic has already committed 300 million yen monetary contributions and in-kind donations of 10,000 units each of radios and flashlights and 500,000 dry batteries on March 12 and 4,000 units of solar LED lanterns on March 15.
Panasonic and its employees express deep sympathy for victims and sincerely hope for swift recovery of the areas affected by the disaster.
Related Links[Press Release]
- March 31, 2011 Panasonic Announces Additional Aid of Flashlights for Japan Earthquake Victims ( English | Japanese )
- March 29, 2011 Panasonic Announces Additional Aid of Life Innovation Container for Japan Earthquake Victims ( English | Japanese )
- March 15, 2011 Panasonic Announces Additional Aid for
Tohoku Earthquake Victims
English | Japanese
- March 12, 2011 Panasonic Commits Monetary and In-kind Donations to Support Earthquake Victims in Japan English | Japanese
- Panasonic Headquarter News About Northeast Japan Earthquake English | Japanese