Global News Exclusive
420,000 People Around the World Participated Together in the Earth Lunch Hour
On October 6, 2010 at 11AM (JST), Panasonic kicked off its Earth Lunch Hour event for a full 24 hours. People all around the world spent their lunch time in an eco-friendly way, as part of the Panasonic Eco Relay Project. Earth Lunch Hour was held in many countries and many of the sites were broadcasted live online via USTREAM(R) as a relay for the 24 hours the event was held. The total number of supporters from both the public and Panasonic Group's employees worldwide reached 416,846 for the event.
What's Panasonic Eco Relay?
Started in the fall of 2008, the Panasonic Group developed the worldwide environmental project aiming to unite the world together to take eco activities beyond language, culture, and geographical borders. For more information on the project, visit
Earth Lunch Hour
Check out the live archives from the world at Earth Lunch Hour's Special Site:
An example of the relay bases broadcasted live:
- Singapore / Panasonic Refrigeration Devices Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Dubai, UAE / Sanyo Gulf and Panasonic Marketing Middle East FZE
- Tanzania / Panasonic Energy Tanzania Co., Ltd.
- UK / Pandora's VeggieBox England (public participation)
- Mexico / Panasonic Electric Works Mexicana
- Japan / Home Appliance Company, Panasonic Corp., and more....
- You can watch these live archives from top page of the site:
Panasonic 'eco ideas' Forum 2010
At the Panasonic 'eco ideas' Forum 2010 held between October 6 - 9, 2010, Panasonic's president Fumio Ohtsubo started the forum by announcing the details of Panasonic's environmental action plan, "Green Plan 2018" stating our eco related goals heading toward the 100th anniversary of our founding.
- President Fumio Ohtsubo giving the opening speech for the forum.
- Many sessions on environmental activities were held.
After the opening speech by Mr. Ohtsubo, lectures and talk sessions from Panasonic staff and invited speakers specialized on environmental activities were held. They gave detailed lectures on the circumstance of our planet, Panasonic's environmental activities and technologies as well as workshops and seminars to teach the next generation about green activities. In total, approximately 3,000 participants actively participated in the entire forum.
- Children creating solar powered cars.
- A workshop involving innovative presentations on sustainable lifestyles by college students.
All reports of each program held are available at the Panasonic 'eco ideas' Forum 2010 Special Site here: http://panasonic.net/eco/forum2010
Connecting with the Earth
The Panasonic Group is now pursuing numerous initiatives toward the 100th anniversary of our founding in 2018 under our group vision of becoming the No.1 Green Innovation Company in the Electronics Industry. For details on these eco activities, make sure to visit http://panasonic.net/eco/forum2010/report/report01/